Thursday, November 30, 2006

What am I doing here?

I've started this blog to write about The Baby Experience. I do have another blog, where I do all the other things people do in their blogs: tell amusing little anecdotes about my daily life, complain about my job, do memes, whine about how much I hate Dubya and his little criminal friends, and gossip about my friends' love lives. That's different. That's for my friends, so I can stay in touch with them.

This blog is public, and it exists for the sole purpose of blathering about parenthood. Right now, you're going to hear a lot about what it's like to have a pregnant partner. Six months from now, you're probably going to hear a lot about baby poop. Ye faint of heart and stomach, be warned.

My inspiration is a book I'm reading called The Other Mother. So many interesting stories, but none of them is mine. Am I being outrageously egotistical to think that the world needs to hear my story? Maybe, but I don't care. I'm going to tell it, whether or not anyone ever reads it. So there.

2 comments:

HereBeDragons said...

Ooh! I DO have a Google account, so you'll probably never get rid of me now! Bwahahahahaha!

YAY for telling your story, I say. Is it egotistical? I don't think so. If nothing else, there will be at least one person who will very likely be EXTREMELY interested in reading it one of these days. Meaning Mookie, of course. That's one of the primary reasons I keep my LJ, after all - for C to read when he's grown.

But I suspect that there are at least a few others out here who will also be interested. ;)

(But, wah! I'm logged in! Why do I still have to do that word verification thing)?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure it's even possible to be considered egotistical in the blogosphere (or at least any more egotistical than anyone else who writes a blog). Anyway, I think that you're in an interesting position right now and have wondered myself what all this is like for you.

I'm looking forward to your posts here, so I hope you are diligent about updating. If not, we'll nag (won't we, Wendy?) so consider yourself on notice ;).